There are so many things I want to accomplish in 2010. Life has finally started to turn around for me. I’m so thankful. My new job is truly my door being opened for me. So I have resolutions or more like things that I want to do in 2010. Some are small some are big, but I just wanted to post them to affirm them. They’re like affirmations. And I can refer back to them if need be.
Here is my list of my 2010 Affirmations:
- let’s go ahead and start with my weight. I’ve already been working on it starting late September 2009, fell off track after Thanksgiving, and am getting back on track now. I want to be a size 8 or 10 by Brianna’s 5th birthday. That’s April 20th, almost 4 months. And I’m going at it hard because I have so much that I want for myself and I refuse to let this extra weight bring down my self-confidence. I owe it to myself to continue to put myself first and not lose sight of how important it is to make myself happy, and in the process be a healthier and sexier version of me!
- I want to move into a 3 bedroom townhome/condo/duplex/single-family whatever…I don’t care the type I just want us to move. We need the space badley and we need to live somewhere energy efficient. I’d prefer to live back on the other side of town like where we moved from this year. I like that school district for Brianna and she’ll be starting kindergarten this year. Plus I work over there so that would make things easier for me to take her to school and to get home from work quicker. We need a bigger kitchen, the kids need their own rooms and Brianna’s gonna need a twin size bed soon. So what I’m going to do is use my bonus money that I get from work and save that so that we can afford to move this year, hopefully before Brianna starts school. Moving is so expensive and coming up with so much money up front is tough so I’d like to be able to do that and also save for furniture. We need a new bed too and eventually Jordan will need a toddler bed.
- I want to be a better wife/mother/homemaker. I want to be more structured and less of a procrastinator and be better at taking care of all my responsibilities. Yeah a lot of times it sucks to be tired and still have piles of laundry to do and Brianna’s hair needs to be braided and the bathroom needs to be cleaned and I gotta workout and the list goes on and on, but guess what, it’s my job and millions of women do it day in and day out. I just gotta get a strong routine in place. That’s what I’m working on now. I want to get it all to work like a well-oiled machine…it’s gonna take time but I hope to be closer to being like Claire Huxtible than I am now! lol
- I want to do more and see more in 2010. With Jordan being and infant and then losing my job in 2009 it made it basically impossible to do a lot. We went to Carolina Beach this summer as a family because my parents rent a beach condo. But we didn’t really have to spend much money for that since we stayed only one night and my mom cooked and we were on a private beach. Brianna and I also went with my mom and my niece and nephew to the zoo. But once again that’s thanks to my mom paying for that. This year I want to do more as a family as a couple and with my friends. I want to live a little ya know? Once we’re straight on bills (which we should be by the end of this month I’m praying) I will be using my overtime to put away to experience more this year.
So those are the big things. Now here’s to the rest:
- I’ve already started with the wigs and I only want my collection to grow. I want to take care of my hair and really just continue with my transformation that I’ve started.
- I want to get even more into makeup. As you can tell from some of my posts I’m really getting into it. So this year I will definitely be building a makeup collection. I want to have tons of brushes and different brands of makeup…like I want to be totally into it. I also want to get back into caring for my nails. I just want to be well kept. Like I can vision having a shelf system and wall organizer for all of my brush rolls and eyeshadow palettes and all my bare minerals and lipglosses and nail polishes…yes all of that!
- I want to really build my wardrobe. I love that I work in a business casual setting where I’m required to dress up for work. And I’m looking forward to being even more involved in my look than what I’ve been in a long time. It’s so easy to get into a rut after having children, but I’m definitely ready to step out of that rut and look sexy chic while doing it! I’m ready to step out of the box of Plain Jane that I have become accustomed to. Clothes, shoes, accessories & jewelry, bras & panties, fragrance–all of it, I need a style makeover seriously. And since I’m not getting on What Not to Wear anytime soon, looks like I’ll be doing it for myself.
- I want to continue to polish my cornrowing skills and my culinary skills
- I want to start my youtube videos!!! I decided that it’s not worth trying to buy a memory card for my camcorder and just to get a 4 gig for my camera. I’ll have to find time to squeeze that in once I get a lot of these other things in order.
I guess when it comes down to it, I think I’m growing up. The things that I want to accomplish really is about me coming into my own as an adult woman and stepping into my role as wife and mother. No woman just naturally becomes a good mom or a good cook or a good housekeeper. I have to work at it. Sure it comes easier for some than others…for me it takes effort. But after time it will become habit and routine and that’s what I’m trying to build on now. This year is my 10 year anniversary from highschool. I’m officially grown. I want to continue to make me better. I’m looking forward to using the mistakes I’ve made in the past year to grow from and become a little wiser. 2010 is my breakthrough year…not by luck but because that’s what I’m making it!