Here is my initial review on the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation.
Basics: I have color 400 Caramel and it is the Combination/ Oily Skin formula.
The Bottle Says: SoftFlex provides all-day comfort * Oil-free shine control * Natural, flawless look * Transfer-resistant
My Thoughts: For the price, which ranges from about $9.99- $12.99 depending on where you go, I would say this is a good foundation. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. Here’s why:
- it is transfer-resistant. It doesn’t rub off and that’s great. I tend to sneeze in the morning, and I hate that when I wear my Studio Fix, that it gets rubbed off immediately. Now the only thing I need to reapply is my MSF Natural (powder).
- I haven’t experienced any foundation-induced breakouts. I’ve had one pimple and that was because of my monthly. So far, that’s the biggest pro.
- I haven’t noticed any oxidation. Which means it doesn’t change color on me thru the day, like the StudioFix.
- the color I chose, is a perfect match.
- it has a smell. the smell isn’t god-awful, but it’s definitely noticeable, and it kinda lingers all day.
- unless i’m supposed to pack this on, it’s not full coverage. I still see my dark spots coming thru, regardless of the brush I use.
- I can feel it. One of the things I loved about Bare Minerals, is that you never felt like you were wearing makeup. It just felt like your skin…with this, I feel like there’s a layer of film on my face.
- SS187–this is my primary foundation brush and I felt like it just didn’t work well with this foundation. I personally feel like my SS187 isn’t as dense as some of the others I’ve seen, maybe my batch wasn’t the best, idk. I’ve had to wash my brush regularly because this foundation makes it very sticky and stiff to where I can’t use it again unless it’s been washed. With my StudioFixFluid, I can use this brush for a week without having to wash it.
- SS190–this is a regular foundation brush and I used it once with this foundation. I felt like it was easier to use, but I felt like I needed to use more foundation, so therefore that defeats the purpose. The fact that it doesn’t come with a pump, already makes me use more product than I’d like.
- Coastal Scents large buffer brush–this is my new best friend! lol I’ve only used it once, so that’s a bit premature to say, but I used this to apply this foundation on Friday. So far this one is my favorite, and I will be using it all this upcoming week. I didn’t use as much product as I did with the other brushes. It was much easier to apply, and the coverage was much better. I still have to conceal and some of my dark spots still come thru.