* Find discounts on all your parenting needs at www.babycheapskate.com, which scours the web for the best deals every week.
* Join Amazon Mom at www.amazon.com (as referenced here on a previous blog post) for deals on diapers and related accessories (30% off) plus the free delivery extends to most Amazon items.
Think Gently Used
* Buy and sell it all at www.rockabuygear.com which donates 2% of all proceeds to children’s charities. Babies grow so fast that it’s easy to find items in top condition on the cheap.
*Another option is to look for a local consignment store, here in my area we have a store called Once Upon A Child…you can buy and sell gently used kids and and items. It’s a great concept. I personally don’t use our local store for my own personal reasons, but the store in another city I’ve had great results with, that was so many years ago however, so can’t say how they are now, but it is an option.
* Tap into online trading tools for baby and maternity gear at www.freepeats.org andwww.swapbabygoods.com.
* Lean on your friends. Everybody wants to help with a new baby, so let people give you their used gear, throw you a shower and pass down their advice. Anyone who has already had a child understands that it’s a waste to purchase new for a baby and will want to help. SN: Sure, when it’s your first child, you may want new new new, but know that us moms who have already been there done that…it’s no need to waste that money, save that for all the other costs you’ll incur!
Simplify to Save
* Don’t buy the hype. New parents are inundated with pressure to buy all sorts of gadgets and conveniences for their . All a baby needs is love, warmth and food. Sure some gadgets are a god-send…and others you realize aren’t worth the extra cost and hassle. But what you may think is a need I may say is a want. For example…the diaper genie…I used it with my daughter, I didn’t with my son…it was an extra hassle. As many shopping bags that we bring home weekly from Food Lion, Walmart and Target…those were my ! Just tie it up and set it outside the door or take it to the garbage and voila! lol