Friends that time of year is fast approaching and today I am sharing with you my gift guide for tween girls. If you have a tween girl or a niece or family friend you may be scratching your head on what to get a girl who is no longer playing with toys but isn’t a full fledged teenager yet. Luckily I have a tween daughter and have racked my brain to come up with a few gift ideas for this peculiar age.
*this post may include affiliate links, you can read more about that by reading my Disclosure post*
TWEEN GIRL GIFT GUIDE
I have tween girl gift ideas for every budget! You may want to grab a snack! Let’s get started 🙂
- Damara Faux Leather Mini Wallet — A cute wallet with personality that your tween girl can put in her purse or book bag. It comes in cute prints and is age appropriate. Plus it has lots of storage space for library cards and gift cards plus good space for her to keep her coins!
- PopSockets — these come in such cute prints! These are all the rage right now. They allow you to prop up your phone or tablet, grip it, tilt it and tuck it back in. Here’s a larger selection of PopSockets too.
- iPhone Speaker Dock — this is both a speaker dock for your iPhone iPod and iPod touch, and it’s an alarm clock. It also comes with a remote control. Tweens and teens love their music and this is great for them to not only play their music but to wake up to it too.
- Jewelry box — this cute two layer jewelry box is perfect for a tween girl jewelry collection. Bracelets, rings, earrings and necklaces, they all will fit in this jewelry box perfectly. My daughter is obsessed with Claire’s so this would really work out well for her.
- Mini backpack — I am seeing these mini backpacks everywhere and my daughter loves them. I’m sharing two options, this cute black leather mini backpack with a bow and this cute white backpack with a quilted pocket. They’re both similar just in different styles depending on what your tween girl would like. Mine would be happy with both of them 🙂
- Beats Wireless headphones — if you’re the mom of a tween, or any kids for that matter, there’s only so much you can take in the noise department. That’s when a good set of headphones comes in handy. I’ve gone the cheap route in the past and you get what you pay for. So I suggest making a small investment so that they last a long time. This is truly one of the best gift ideas for tweens.
- Crossbody bag — I think a crossbody bag is very age appropriate for a tween girl. It’s not too big of a bag and can be kept close to her. These come in lots of color choices, you may want to pick one up for yourself too! I’m sharing this grape and olive green option.
- Selfie Stick — You can’t go wrong with a selfie stick for your tween girl. Whether she has a phone or a camera or an iPod touch, this is perfect for taking awesome selfies.
- Books — my daughter is a complete book worm. Between the bookstore and the library we are always getting more books. I think it’s a great idea to have your tween write down a few book titles so that you can get her just the book she likes. One my daughter wants is The List by Siobhan Vivan. I’ve read the reviews and it’s already in my cart!
- Graphic tees — My tween loves her shirts with sayings. These Nope, Not Today and I Woke Up Like This shirts are perfect for your girl with some sass. I also like to get a lot of graphic tees from The Children’s Place. They still fit her but as she’s getting older, the selection that she would like is getting smaller and smaller.
Make sure to check Ebates first when doing your holiday shopping. Getting paid to shop has never been so easy!
- Fragrance Mists — A body spray or fragrance mist is perfect for a young tween girl. It’s a light spray and not strong like a perfume. My daughter really likes Japanese Cherry Blossom. I’m also sharing Victoria’s Secret fragrance mist because I used to wear that a lot growing up before I matured to wearing perfumes as a teenager.
- Nail polish kits — We all parent differently but for my tween we’re in the no makeup zone. But she loves painting her nails. And I’m okay with that. Nail polish kits are perfect for a tween girl because they allow her to express her personality. My word of advice: don’t go too cheap in the nail polish because then it just peels and that’s no fun. I don’t think you should go too pricey either because then that’s just a waste of money unless you’re sharing them with her. I buy OPI and Essie nail polish for myself and then let her use them when I’m not buying polish for her.
- Kindle E-reader — Remember when I said earlier that my daughter is a bookworm? Well, although I’m not a fan of reading my books on a device I think it’s great for the young. I know I sound super old but I just prefer reading a physical book. What’s great about the Kindle E-Reader is that it can store so many books and it doesn’t have the glare of a tablet or phone so it’s easy on the eyes of your tween reader.
- Fuzzy Socks — Perfect for stocking stuffers. Kids don’t seem to like wearing socks. I know, because I was the same way. But as an adult I know that when the floor is cold and you want to be warm you put on socks. Making them cute and fuzzy helps your tween to actually want to wear socks. #genius
- iPod Touch — I’m sharing the iPod Touch as an alternative to a phone. If you’re not ready for your tween to have a phone the iPod Touch is just like a phone when it comes to apps and sending text messages with iMessage when it’s on wi-fi. It’s almost a phone plus holds lots of music, take pictures and plays games.
- Emoji Pillow — Tweens love emojis. More than they love emojis, they love emoji pillows. Trust me on this. You also can’t go wrong with emoji shirts and pajamas.
- Studded Combat Boots — it’s like the 90’s all over again except we’re adding rhinestones to the mix. It’s what my tween likes so she’s gonna be happy about getting them.
- Justice Jeans — I think it’s safe to say that many tween girls love Justice jeans. I think it’s because they’re cut to fit them just right. Some brands just make their kids jeans in larger sizes but Justice jeans have a better fit. I don’t even bother buying my daughter any other brand of jeans because she prefers Justice. From jeggings to skinny jeans to super skinny jeans, you can’t go wrong.
- Slouchy Boots — Also from Justice these boots are super cute. And they wear really well.
A word of advice on buying shoes from Justice. Extended sizes are available online. My daughter can wear women’s shoes now but women’s styles are not her style, so I’m glad that Justice has larger sizes online. Sign up for Justice emails so that you’ll be in the know for sales. I don’t like to pay full price. So sign up for the emails and get the deals. Plus when you do shop with them you’ll oftentimes get coupons for your next purchase. That’s how I save money at Justice. P.S. Don’t forget Ebates!! More money in your pocket just by shopping with Ebates first!
Whew!! That’s my tween girl gift guide for you. I really spent some time curating gifts that the tween girl in your life will love. Now she’s no longer hard to shop for! 🙂 I hope you found this gift guide helpful!!
You can check out all of my gift guides here.